Fast and Confidential Testing
HIV Free - $15
The test may be free depending on your risk factors. Your counselor will help you determine your risk factors during your appointment. Results take 15 minutes.
HCV Free - $20
The test may be free depending on your risk factors. Your counselor will help you determine your risk factors during your appointment. Results take 20 minutes.
Chlamydia and Gonorrhea $40
Open Aid Alliance offers a combo test that is self-administered. Test results can take up to a week.
Syphilis tests are free for any person with significant risk factors. Your counselor will help you determine your risk factors during your appointment. Test results take 10 minutes.
OAA offers free pregnancy tests.
What you should know before your test
If you’re ready to schedule your test, click the button below to find a time that works for you. Tests can be booked Mon-Fri, 9:30-11:30 and 1:30-4:30.
There are a few things to know before you get tested.
- The test are confidential. Confidential testing means that the trained tester will be responsible for collecting the client’s contact information.
- A small blood sample is required for the test. This is incredibly accurate testing technology.
- If the test reacts with HIV, HCV or Syphilis antibodies, a line will appear on the test and we will assist you in obtaining a confirmation test. A confirmation test involves a blood draw and will look specifically for the virus.
- This testing technology has a 6 week window period for HIV and Syphilis, and 8 weeks for HCV. The window period refers to the number of weeks required for the human body to develop antibodies to after infection. During the window period a person may test negative even if they are carrying the virus.
- The test is confidential. Confidential testing means that the trained tester will be responsible for collecting the client’s contact information under a strict privacy and confidentiality agreement.
- For individuals with a penis, a small urine sample is required for the test. For individuals with a vagina, a self-administered vaginal swab is required. This sample will be sent to an offsite lab for testing.
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea are curable. The treatment for these is a prescribed regimen of antibiotics.
- A trained OAA counselor will answer any questions or concerns and provide each individual with education about safe sex practices, chlamydia and gonorrhea infections, partner discussions, and referrals to care if patient is symptomatic and/or pregnant.
- Were you to receive a positive result, OAA will follow up with you to ensure that you are receiving necessary treatment. If you are not receiving treatment OAA staff will assist you with barriers to pursuing treatment.
Have a question about our tests?
Ready to schedule your test?
Click the button below to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are welcomed and served on a first come, first served basis.