Fast and Confidential Testing
Test Descriptions and Prices
- HIV Free - $15
The test may be free depending on your risk factors. Your counselor will help you determine your risk factors during your appointment. Testing results in about a minute with our new Insti tests.
- HCV Free - $20
The test may be free depending on your risk factors. Your counselor will help you determine your risk factors during your appointment. Results take 20 minutes.
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea $40
Open Aid Alliance offers a combo test that is self-administered. Test results can take up to a week.
- Syphilis Free-$15
Syphilis tests are free for any person with significant risk factors. Your counselor will help you determine your risk factors during your appointment. Test results take 10 minutes.
- Pregnancy Free
OAA offers free pregnancy tests.
What you should know before your test
If you’re ready to schedule your test, click the button below to find a time that works for you. Tests can be booked Mon-Thur, 9:30-11:30 and 1:30-4:30 and Fri until 2:30.
Testing Services Info & FAQ
There are a few things to know before you get tested.
No HIV test can detect HIV immediately after infection. If you think you’ve been exposed to HIV in the last 72 hours, talk to your health care provider about post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), right away.
The time between when a person may have been exposed to HIV and when a test can tell for sure whether they have HIV is called the window period.
- Our testing technology has a 6 week window period for HIV. The window period refers to the number of weeks required for the human body to develop antibodies to after infection. During the window period a person may test negative even if they are carrying the virus.
- Our testing technology has a 8 week window period for HCV. The window period refers to the number of weeks required for the human body to develop antibodies to after infection. During the window period a person may test negative even if they are carrying the virus.
- About 97% of people infected will have a positive HCV antibody test 6 months after exposure.
The tests are administered here at our office. You can schedule an appointment or walk in. We recommend making an appointment which can be scheduled most days from 9:30-11:30 AM and 1:30-4:30 PM (2:30 PM on Fridays). Walk-ins are on a first come, first served basis and can be done most days from 1:30-4:30 (2:30 PM on Fridays).
At this time, we do not take insurance. You may pay by cash, check or credit card.
- The test are confidential. Confidential testing means that the trained tester will be responsible for collecting the client’s contact information.
- A small blood sample is required for the test. This is incredibly accurate testing technology; however, a confirmatory blood draw is necessary to confirm a reactive result.
- If the test reacts with HIV, HCV or Syphilis antibodies, a line will appear on the test and we will assist you in obtaining a confirmation test. A confirmation test involves a blood draw and will look specifically for the virus instead of just the antibodies.
- The test is confidential. Confidential testing means that the trained tester will be responsible for collecting the client’s contact information under a strict privacy and confidentiality agreement.
- For individuals with a penis, a small urine sample is required for the test. For individuals with a vagina, a self-administered vaginal swab is required. This sample will be sent to an offsite lab for testing.
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea are curable. The treatment for these is a prescribed regimen of antibiotics.
- A trained OAA counselor will answer any questions or concerns and provide each individual with education about safe sex practices, chlamydia and gonorrhea infections, partner discussions, and referrals to care if patient is symptomatic and/or pregnant.
- Were you to receive a positive result, OAA will follow up with you to ensure that you are receiving necessary treatment. If you are not receiving treatment OAA staff will assist you with barriers to pursuing treatment.
Have a question about our tests?
Ready to schedule your test?
Click the button below to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are welcomed and served on a first come, first served basis.